- All U.S. benefits–eligible employees may take advantage of robust programs that support employees’ and their families’ health, from preventive care to clinical support for chronic medical conditions. Each year, the Benefits and Wellness teams provide an array of webinars, sharing information on various health-related topics such as healthy heart programs and stress reduction.
- Health club reimbursement is available to eligible employees in the U.S. and Canada as well as certain countries in Europe and Latin America.
- On-site fitness centers and group fitness classes are available at certain Celgene facilities, with certified fitness professionals.
- Healthy food alternatives are provided in workspaces and at meetings where Celgene provides cafeteria services.
- We support soccer, softball and other teams of employees that participate in local and community sporting leagues.
- On-site educational services cover topics such as anti-inflammatory diet, healthy eating on-the-go, and “ask the exercise specialist.”
- There are on-site nurse practitioners at select U.S. locations to provide medical care to employees who experience episodic and acute illnesses while at work.
- We host health fairs at which employees can take advantage of free health services such as screenings for biometric wellness including blood pressure and cholesterol, bone density, and sun damage.
- We also host on-site flu clinics and mammography screenings at certain on-site locations as a convenient way for employees to participate in support of their health and well-being.
- Celgene also provides an Employee Assistance Program to employees and their families for confidential emotional well-being support. Licensed counselors are available to support with stress management, strengthening relationships, work/life balance, grief and loss, and more.
- At certain Celgene locations, there are wellness rooms available for employees who may want to have rest, quiet and/or prayer time during the day.
In Canada, benefits-eligible employees are reimbursed for qualifying fitness-related activities and gym memberships. Also, there is an on-site wellness room and two fitness classes offered weekly. Employees also have access to wellness-related resources through an Employee and Family Assistance program.
United Kingdom and Ireland
Health and wellness are addressed in the United Kingdom & Ireland Affiliate through monthly visits to Celgene’s Stockley Park facility with Occupational Health partners at Managed Occupational Health (MOH). The focus of these visits is on optimal personal health and guidance on having a healthy work/life balance. There is the opportunity to book a private appointment with a doctor from MOH to discuss any personal health concerns, and for those employees who are not based at Stockley Park, this can be via telephone or Skype. All our employees may receive an annual flu vaccination, either via a nurse attending our office or by providing a voucher which can be used at a national chain of pharmacies in both the United Kingdom and Ireland. There are also plans for a masterclass for 2018, in partnership with MOH, for all our line managers on supporting good health in the workplace.
Each year, Celgene’s Boudry, Switzerland, International Headquarters offers an on-site health fair that addresses health and wellness topics and has blood pressure, healthy eye, cholesterol and balance checks. Informational sessions are presented by our Employee Assistance Program provider to address stress reduction, the benefits of healthy eating, smoking cessation and general program information.
On a weekly basis, the Boudry infirmary is staffed by an occupational nurse and a doctor providing preventive medical checks, promoting good occupational health for Celgene employees, supporting absence management and occupational rehabilitation, and providing assistance with and knowledge of the mandatory system and insurances.
A healthy work/life balance is promoted through an advanced regulation of “smartworking,” strongly encouraged with a flexible working hours policy and with several in-office supportive services. The infirmary is available for local doctor visits and for an on-call physiotherapist whose activities are included in the flexible benefit plan.
A Pilates course is also held once a week at the gym of the building in Milan, and healthy lifestyle awareness campaigns are now recurring appointments: sport, nutrition, mindfulness and preventive healthcare are the main topics.
Australia and New Zealand
A significant focus is placed on employee health and well-being within the Australia and New Zealand affiliate. The offices in Melbourne were specifically designed to ensure that natural lighting is available in each of the workstation areas and that the office space is surrounded by live plants and greenery. Having created an activity-based working environment, the office design also offers “private quiet areas” where employees may take some time to reflect, simply take a “mental health break,” or enjoy a spiritual timeout. There are also spaces provided for nursing mothers who need to express milk for their babies.
They may do so in the comfort of a recliner in a private room and may store their expressed milk discreetly in a dedicated refrigerator located for convenience and privacy. End-of- journey facilities offer private bathroom and dressing facilities to promote bike riding, walking or running to work as an alternative to driving. In addition, the staff kitchen pantry is stocked with fresh fruit, nuts and other healthy snacks to promote healthy eating.
Employees are offered a number of regular on-site health-focused events including annual flu shots just prior to the winter months, and annual health screens—including blood pressure testing, glucose, cholesterol and full blood screen testing—with medical consultation following. In recent years, mindfulness and health awareness programs have been provided, such as women’s and men’s health-related seminars. Our building management offers yoga and Pilates group sessions, offering employees an opportunity to exercise while socializing during their lunch break.